In this Google-driven era, having a good search engine ranking can make the difference between a successful website, and a mediocre one. For a website to be successful, it needs visitors, and to convert those visitors into customers. This is true for every kind of business, small, medium or large!The thing is, having a website built doesn’t guarantee that it will rank well. Think about it; there are millions of websites on the internet in the UK alone. The search engines list just 10 sites per page, and so the competition for a position on page 1 is huge. But it CAN be done!
No company can realistically guarantee you a place on page 1. However, what we can do is to put everything in your favour.
As part of our optimisation process we:
- Analyse your existing website, and create a ‘bench-mark’ to measure success against
- Create a detailed plan of what keywords you wish to optimise for, and how to achieve it
- Improve brand visibility and credibility because your website will be seen in search results more often
- Keep you ahead of your competitors by improving your place in the market place.
- Provide a great return on investment – we aim to deliver increased sales so that your business becomes more profitable
This will result in an optimised website so that you can gain more targeted traffic, with the aim of turning that traffic into customers.
How do we do it?
Obviously we can’t give all of our secrets away! But there are certain key elements in search engine optimisation, and all elements must be completed as a combined strategy. It also takes time. Often, lifting a site up the rankings can take several months. But effort and patience will be rewarded with a higher-ranking.
Elements of our strategy include:
- Selecting a few targeted keywords to work with, then monitoring those keywords
- Analysis of your existing site in terms of its structure, content, current level of optimisation
- Market research into your competitors
- Technical elements: site structuring, keyword placement, code-to-text ratios
- Month-on-month monitoring
- Detailed monthly report, analysis and recommendations
We use only ‘white-hat SEO’ techniques. Some SEO agencies cheat by using ‘black-hat’ techniques; by trying to exploit loopholes and weaknesses in the search engines’ algorithms. These techniques may work in the short-term, and they may appear to work very well! But the search engines are constantly being updated; loopholes are closed regularly, and they will punish your website for any misdemeanours!
There are many cautionary tales of black-hat SEO resulting in a website losing most of its traffic overnight!
So we don’t do any of that. All of our SEO techniques are kosher, above-board, white hat – whatever you want to call it.
Proving our success
You can find many of our clients on the first page of Google. Try searching for ‘mens neckwear‘ for example; at the time of writing, you could find our client Knightsbridge Neckwear on page 1 at position 4.